Monday, June 20, 2011

Long overdue!

this first posting is long overdue, but the last few weeks of finals and moving all my stuff out of eugene for the summer really took it out of me. i am really going to catch up on these blog posts in the next couple of days.

so, where to begin? well, first to give a brief background of my personal bicycle experience before arriving in eugene for my first year of graduate school this year.

the majority of my interaction with bicycles as a major form of transportation was non-existent before moving to eugene.  during my childhood i always had a bike and don't get me wrong, i did know how to ride one, but the majority of my time was spent moving around on two feet.  during high school i was probably watching the tour de france or reading lance armstrong's biography and thought it would be a good idea to get a road bike.  a pretty ridiculous idea to purchase an expensive road bike, cannondale R400, having never really been involved in the biking sport, but i got it anyway.  and there it stayed hanging from a hook in my garage until i convinced myself to have it shipped out to boston during my sophomore summer (2006) of undergraduate school.  surprisingly i really started riding that thing to and from work right up until winter hit!  i even rode it for the first few weeks after the first snow fell, but after i crashed twice on my way to work one morning i decided to stow it until the sun came out again.  and i pretty much stowed that thing right up until i arrived in eugene this past school year (2010).

so, that is my bicycle experience pre-eugene so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment